Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Drive to Snohomish

It's nice not to have anywhere we have to be at a certain time.  Yesterday, we took a leisurely drive to the town of Snohomish, "The Antique Capital of the Northwest," which is about 25 miles north of Bellevue.  Over Spring Break, we stumbled across the charming Downtown Snohomish and its plentiful boutiques and antique stores.  We weren't able to spend more than an hour there in March, so we decided to revisit it on this trip.  Most of the stores don't open until 11 am, but if you arrive earlier, there are cute little coffee shops and bakeries to check out.  We wandered through the antique stores, not looking for anything in particular.  My mom collects depression glass, so I'm always on the lookout for something unique to add to her collection.  I found the most precious pink depression glass child's tea set (It was $100+, so I passed).  I did find some old canning jars that I liked, and they happened to be on sale!  I bought both for $10. 
The one on the left is a green Ball jar, while the one on the right is a blue Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason jar.  Both have metal and glass lids I thought were interesting.....


We then headed back towards Bellevue, stopping in Mill Creek at the Central Market for lunch.  It's a grocery store (the best ever!) that has a soup and salad bar you can buy lunch at (like Whole Foods).  Nate got a yummy chicken curry soup, while I tried out several offering at the salad bar.  They have a great selection of items you can buy in bulk as well as fresh produce, beer and wine.  After a late lunch, we ran checked out the UW bookstore next door and headed back to Bellevue, where Nate humored me while I shopped at Nordstrom Rack.  We finished up the day with Tom and Margaret dinner at the Bellevue Club. 

Up for today..........the ferry to Whidbey Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment