Friday, May 27, 2011

And it begins.....

We begin our adventure today.  For five weeks, we will travel around the Pacific Northwest, seeing friends and family, checking out local favorites, and enjoying fresh air and the green of the Northwest. 
I flew into Portland this afternoon, where Nate met me.  We begin our adventure in Portland, where we will stay with Nate's good friend, CJ, and his fiancee, Kim.  We are going to take it easy the next few days, as we recoup from the past crazy month.  In the last month, we moved, Nate finished up his 5 classes, and I had my wisdom teeth out while wrapping up the school year.  Needless to say, this trip is much-needed.  We look forward to reconnecting and making some great memories together on this trip.  The cool weather is a nice break from the approaching 100 degree heat in Arizona and it's nice to be in jeans in May! 

Up for tomorrow (depending on the weather.....)
-The Downtown Portland Farmer's Market
-Stone Barn Brandyworks tasting
-St. Honore French Bakery

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you arrived safe and sound. I love this idea of you blogging about your travels.
    Your Saturday plans sound lovely. I am already jealous of the weather.
    Have fun and travel safe!-Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are taking this adventure! The school year flew by too fast and I hope to reconnect with you after your Oregon travels. We will be in Astoria mid-July, however. If you're in the area, you should stop by. We'll be staying with my sister-in-law. You've got my digits! :)

    ReplyDelete